|Today is February 27, 2015||Welcome, Guest. Please login.|
|Legal News > 2011 >|
Municipal Electric Aggregation: Communities Bargain for Cheaper Electricity
|Updated on Tuesday May 08, 2012 @ 10:22 AM|
Due to the passage of the Illinois Power Agency Act (20 ILCS 3855/) in 2007, communities are authorized to bargain on behalf of their residents for cheaper electricity. Many communities are beginning to consider using this authority.
The latest news stories following the elections:
Below are links to information and materials on the topic of Municipal Electric Aggregation.
- List of Illinois Municipalities participating in the opt-out buying group (Good Energy Website)
- Good Energy Municipal Aggregation (Website)
- Lower electric rates: Voters could help scores of suburbs cut electric bills (Chicago Tribune)
- Voters to Decide Whether to Pursue Electricity Aggregation (Evanston Round Table)
- United States: Municipal Electric Aggregation In Illinois - Establishing A Program Requires Compliance With The Illinois Power Agency Act (Holland & Knight)
- Oak Park opts for all-green electricity and big savings on rates (Village of Oak Park)
- Consideration of Municipal Aggregation for Residential and Small Commercial Customers (Village of Mt. Morris)
- Electrical Aggregation Takes Another Step Toward Referendum in Orland Park (The Patch)
- Lake Zurich Village Board Votes to Put Electric Aggregation on March Ballot (The Patch)
- Suburban Chicago races to unplug from ComEd (Crain's Chicago Business)
- Village may shop for electricity (Lincolnshire Review)
- September 2, 2011 Letter from State Representative Karen May to Mayors and Managers
- Municipal Electric Aggregation: What it Means for You, by Aaron Rasty, Co-Founder and President, BlueStar Energy Solutions. (Illinois Municipal Review, October 2011).
- More utility ratepayers sidestepping ComEd, buying in bulk: Growing number of Illinois communities are negotiating for cheaper, and sometimes greener, electricity (Chicago Tribune, August 31, 2011).
- Competitive era begins in downstate electricity market (State Journal-Register, August 24, 2011).
- ICC Municipal Aggregation Report to the General Assembly (.doc)
- Illinois Municipal Aggregation of Electric (Website)